Thursday, April 22, 2010

for what it's worth, it was worth all the while

In life, there would be times when the unexpected beats the hell out of the best laid plans - or something to that effect. Now, I have known about this quote for forever but only truly figured it out quite recently.

Just about everyone in my thesis group didn't plan on doing the preliminary defense and breeze through it, but we did. I didn't plan on forming the strongest of bonds with them the few times we've brought the work to my place, but I did. I didn't plan on being surrounded by an overwhelming number of amazing people on graduation day, but I was. I certainly never planned on, nor even slightly expected, to be frank, my last semester in school being the best one in all my college years, but it is.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that the security of having plans, no matter how grand and intricate and prudent you design them, sometimes pales in comparison to the joys the unexpected brings.

No comments: