Friday, April 16, 2010

hair and beef jerky don't mix

OMFG, there's a hair strand in my jerky! What is up with this day? First I am almost late for my job application exam EVEN after leaving home an hour and a half before call time, then I get a 25 out of 38 in that evil IQ test I had to sit (curse those shape sequencing questions), and now there's fucking hair in my food. Why does the world hate me?

(lengthier than most) PS. I'm in some fast food joint and there's a crying couple a few tables from mine. Like a literally tear-streaked-bloodshot-eyes crying couple. The guy shouts surreptitiously at the girl and then suddenly says solemnly, "I love you. Pero tuwing ginagawa mo un..." and trails off like he's too overcome with emotion to continue and I just want to grab both of them by the neck and throw them out the third storey window behind me. A little belligerent, yes, but, seriously, there's nothing worse than having to listen to a couple air out their dirty laundry while trying to fill the void in your stomach left by an unflattering IQ exam score with beef jerky that is bound to leave parts of itself in your teeth without you realizing it until too late. Well... OK, finding out there's hair from some unknown person's head in the jerky sure tops that.

No comments: