Monday, June 21, 2010

stupid places for rice refill and elmer's glue that smells extra good

The other day, I hit the mall right after sitting a job application exam. It finished at about noon so I figured I'd go munch and while away the hours before a job interview I was scheduled to have at 3:00 that same day (yes, at another company about 45 minutes away, and, yes, I like a hectic schedule.) I ordered some sort of misono-teriyaki dish at the foodcourt that came with free rice refill. I was thinking jackpot until I got my tray of food and set out to look for a seat nearby. Alas, nearby translated to 15 rows of seats away from the Japanese store where I ordered. The place was just damn too full of hungry people. I took my seat and never got up for refill. So much for jackpot.

I knew I had a lot of time to spare so I took dainty, dragging bites. Which, by the way, sucked gruesomely because I hated eating by myself. At 2:00, I decided I had time to dash to the supermarket to get new toiletries before heading out.

Two days laters, as I was grooming for (yet again) another interview, I opened the tub of clay I bought to put on my hair and... well, it wan't clay at all. The label said Fix Strong Hold and nothing else. I musta confused it with their clay product because they had the same packaging, but damn, this one didn't even say if it was gel, or wax, or what. I sighed and put the product in my hair anyway and it felt somewhat stupid. Like I just swabbed my hair with Elmer's Clear Glue that smelled extra nice. Maybe next time I should read the labels on stuff before actually buying them, no?

No comments: