Thursday, February 22, 2007

i have a thing for piano people








I have a thing for piano people and it is a humongous disappointment for me that I don't know how to play the damned instrument.
Awfuck.
I haven't really noticed until recently, but I now find that I sprout immense liking for songs done by artists that opt to pour forth their music through graceful dances of fingertips on ivory, more so than those produced by mere strings and/or percussions.
Just beautiful.
I still am not aware exactly of with which band all this fascination started but musicians as early as Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band and Five For Fighting probably struck the match for the flame. And then came Daniel Powter, New Radicals, Vanessa Carlton, Evanescence, Jamie Cullum, Hanson, Alicia Keys, Keane, Sarah McLaughlan and even some artists that showcase in their tracklists a flair of the delightful keyboards: Lifehouse, John Mayer, Train, Dishwalla, The All American Rejects, Matchbox 20, Teddy Geigher, Tori Amos, Regina Spektor and a most recent personal pick, The Fray. And then some.
And not just some some, mind you.
I am talking about the talented band Augustana.
I heard one overwhelming song -- BOSTON -- and I was wicked hooked. These guys are as far as far out possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

uy. haha narinig ko na yung what hurts the most. and i like it! haha.

max yambao said...

di ba ang husay ^_^

tidbit: there're videos all over youtube where kelly clarkso performed the song with them. wula lang. hehe. tas, the music video tugs the heart too.