Wednesday, December 19, 2007

no good deed goes unpunished

I watched Georgia Rule the other day. Yes, the one with Lindsay Lohan in it. But don't go making presumptions yet, especially if you haven't seen the movie at all. I think it quickly climbed to one of the better movies I've seen this year. It sure is one hell of a family movie.



Lindsay has some kick ass lines here. I couldn't find a script but damn, weren't they burned in memory.

Harlan (Garrett Hedlund): You have to go with me to June's school.

June is Harlan's girlfriend. They're both Mormon and they never had sex.

Rachel (Lindsay): What? Why?

Harlan: I have to tell her. It's the only way I can repent for my sins.

Rachel: (incredulous) Harlan, I gave you a blowjob! It wasn't even a date!

Georgia (Jane Fonda, Rachel's grandmother) looks faint after that.

Harlan: Thanks for breakfast Georgia. (rushes out the door)

Rachel: (sighs, looks at her grandmother) No good deed really goes unpunished.

~~~~

This one's fun. Face Down was playing in the background too.

Grace (June's spy) and her clique taunt Harlan and Rachel. Rachel gets pissed and after chasing them silly with a truck, she gets out and storms to them.

Rachel: Hi. I wanna introduce myself. I'm Rachel Wilcox.

Grace (looks shaken): Nice to meet you.

Rachel: Look, I just drove here to tell you that Harlan and I, we're just friends now. Nothing's gonna happen again. I promise. Scout's honor. So you guys can go and do whatever it is you do, I don't know, have your summer fun. And tell June that we're apart, and even if we're not apart, nothing's gonna happen and whatever that's happened has happened already, so that's the end of it.

Grace: Fine. Then why don't you just go home and leave us all alone?

Wrong move Grace.

Rachel: OK, see, I tried to be nice. Let me put this in a different way, cause you're just not getting it right now. If you call me a name, if you throw something at me (looks at the other girls) EVER AGAIN!, if I see you talking to Harlan, yelling at Harlan, having anything at all to do with Harlan, I will find all of your boyfriends, and I will fuck. them. stupid.

Hala.

Rachel" OK? Get it?

Grace touches her chest, nods weakly.

Rachel smiles, starts walking away.

Rachel: Thanks guys. Thanks for your time! Have a good summer!

Grace (to herself): I better pray for her.


No offense but I don't think I wanna be a Mormon.

Watch it and learn not to use the name of the Lord in vain the hard way. LOL.

No comments: