Wednesday, December 05, 2007

ube day

When I was deciding on what to wear to school this morning and ended up with this certain purple/lavender/violet/and-every-gay-color-related top, I was above more than positive I'll be the only person in the whole university strutting in the screaming color of the famed Philippine delicacy. But I'll be damned, there were about 20 or so guys and gals in shirts of a wide range of shades of the color I basically only figure as violet. I just had to point at one when I saw one and groan inwardly. Oh for the love of everything good. Did they really have to pick this day to wear that color?



People who noticed (and I like to think everyone did) threw comments in the air: "Makulay ata tayo ngayon?" or a rather sarcastic one: "Ayaw mag-violet?" Somebody actually said: "I like your shirt, fave color ko!" and even the weird: "Ang cute nung design, parang Hogwarts crest." It may have seemed amusing to me at the time, but I just had to reply to everyone who asked: "Hindi to violet -- UBE."

Lol.

3 comments:

vampire angelus said...

i love the color ube! my mom loves that color too. thank you for the comment on my latest blog entry, max. i'll have you linked. i hope it's okay with you. ^_^

Anonymous said...

hay nako kuya john............... i must say that you look good with that shirt....

Anonymous said...

ako pala toh.... rani...